As my first ever Mother’s Day is fast approaching, I’ve been thinking about gifts that I would be totally psyched to receive. Not to toot my own horn, but I’ve been called a pretty good gift giver. And so, I present:
- A house cleaning. You can buy a gift card from Merry Maids or similar. Or, be a real pal and clean her house for her.
- An Amazon gift card, or share your Amazon Prime account with her. Trust me, nothing beats ordering 300 diapers and having them delivered to your house two days later.
- A massage or a spa day. Find a licensed massage therapist here through this amta search. A mani/pedi is a sure winner as well.
- A professional photography session. Foot the bill for a mommy-and-me photo session so mom can get in front of the camera, instead of behind it, for once.
- A blow out (the hair kind, not the diaper kind). A good hair day can lift anyone’s spirits. Give her a gift certificate for a blow out at her favorite salon. Or, shoot, I’d even take a bottle of dry shampoo. I like Tigi Bed Head.
- An hour. Give her one baby-free hour to use how she pleases. Target run?
- A gourmet meal at home. Share the joy of cooking (ha!) with a Blue Apron gift subscription. All the fresh ingredients, plus the recipes for one, two or four weeks of delicious, homecooked meals. Better yet, come over and cook them for her.
- A night out. Offer to babysit so she and dad can go out to eat. Or screw dad, let her go out with her girlfriends!
- A morning in. Come over early in the morning and offer to get up with the baby so she can sleep in past 7am for the first time in months.
- A bottle of wine. Or go for the gold and enter her in a Wine of the Month club. What happens while the baby is asleep, stays while the baby is asleep.
Actually, I’m pretty sure any mom (first-time or not) would appreciate these gifts!