Okay, you guys will never hear me bragging about being a good cook. Obviously my baking skills need a little work from time to time. But I am going to put it out there and say that I make some damn good guacamole. Who cares if I cheat a little?
This is seriously the easiest guacamole ever. I’ve literally made it four times in the past seven days for various events. No chopping vegetables, no need to buy fresh cilantro. Making this guac takes like five minutes. And it’s so good!
Here’s all you need:
See, buying the fresh salsa is key. It already has the tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, tomato juice, garlic, poblano pepper, serrano pepper and salt right in it. No need to chop.
I read somewhere to leave in an avocado pit to keep the guac from browning, so I always do that. Here’s the recipe, even though this is so ridiculously easy, you don’t need it!
- 4 avocados
- 1 container fresh salsa (16 oz.)
- garlic salt or powder
- lime or lemon juice
- Halve avocados and scoop the meat into a bowl.
- Dump in the container of salsa.
- Sprinkle garlic and salt to taste.
- Drizzle the lemon or lime juice in one circle around the bowl.
- Mash, mash, mash with a fork.
- I always leave one avocado pit in the bowl because I read somewhere that it helps to prevent browning